are numerous sandy beaches on the Douarnenez Bay (south coast)
and the Iroise sea (west coast). The closest (and very beautiful)
ones (7 kms) are l'Aber (Tal ar Groas) and Trez Bellec (Telgruc).
Lomergat’s pebble shore is 400 yards away.
Menez Hom country (an other name for the area) has more than 500
kilometres of paths for hiking. If you are keen hikers, we recommend
the following guide: "Le Menez Hom Atlantique à pied".
Main Attractions (Within 1 Hour's Drive)
- Camaret (a must !), old harbour and fishing town, ship graveyard, Vauban tower, fish tanks (fancy a lobster to take home...)
- Brest: Oceanopolis (sea museum and aquariums), military harbour
- Quimper: Old town center and earthenware factories
- Douarnenez: fishing harbour and Ship museum
- Locronan: Very well preserved XV an XVI century small town.
- Scenic ancient church tour: Saint Thegonnec, Guimiliau, Lampaul-Guimiliau.
- The Cornouaille and Bigouden country (Pointe du Raz, Raz de Sein)
- Argol: interesting old church, ossuary and triumphal arch, living museum of traditional handicrafts.
- Isles of Sein, Ouessant, Molène: regular ferry services during summer
- Sailing, kayak, diving (Morgat)
- Tennis (Crozon, Morgat, Telgruc)
- Horse riding (l'Aber)
- Golf : Cornwall course (La Forêt Fouesnant), Odet Course (Clohars Fouesnant) and Brest Iroise Course (Saint Urbain)
- Windcarting (Pentrez Beach)
- Swimming pool and water park (Morgat)
- Surf (La Palud and La Torche)
Crêperies (Breton Pancakes Restaurants)
There are so many crêperies, we will only list a few with a beautiful view!
- Maligwen (Tal ar groas)
- Le Korrigan (Postolonnec)
- La Flambée (port de Morgat)